Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Work light for drill press, lathe

I have two of the shake your elbow apart while producing an photon types.
One has a battery and cap. The battery starts you out and the cap brightens
and is what you want to burn. It seems to work better - than the other -
only a cap in it - and it takes a bit more rattle.

If the battery is depleted - it can be a problem.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

On 2008-09-15, wrote:

[ ... ]

If it's like the rechargeable flashlight from Costco and I bet it is.
It has a rechargeable battery about the size of a penny. Sourced
online it was $5 for a sample. It was one of a pair of flashlights and
the one left in the hot car trunk (Hawaii) failed quicker.

Beware. I have one of the shake to charge flashlights, which
doesn't put out that much light, but which stores nicely in the car.

A friend picked up another a year or two later from the same
hamfest, and that one was bogus. It had a coin cell in it. The moving
"magnet" was not even magnetic. :-)

So -- he just changes the coin cell from time to time. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.