Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Petrol contaminated with diesel

Roger wrote:

Is there any use for petrol contaminated with diesel?

I ran my 4 cyl. motorbike on diesel tainted petrol a few years ago.
A van driver had inadvertently filled his diesel van with petrol. Maybe
2 gallons of diesel, 13 petrol in a 15 gallon tank.
I grabbed the drained off drums to use as everyone else was on diesel at
this place.

The bike ran fine for most of the time. There would occasionally be a
splutter, but otherwise there wasnt a great deal of difference.
Think of it as extra upper cylinder lubricant.
One warning though, it may be best to avoid using it on an engine with a
catalyser, as unburnt fuel/oil can damage the cats internals.

Alan.