Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default No joint compound here

Nope. The gas line is a flare fitting and the water hoses have washers.
NOW , having said that, a little antisieze or pipe dope may prevent those
threads from sticking and rusting together. But for a seal, it's not
necessary.

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

When I was moving my washer and dryer to a new location I was
surprised to find *no* joint compound or teflon tape in two places
where I would have expected it. 1. The connection between the flexible
gas line at either end - the dryer and the gas pipe. 2. At either end
of the washer flexible supply hoses.

Should there be dope on any of those threads? I have not been able to
find a definitive answer.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron