Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Fancy wire rope ends?

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:09:42 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

Yeah, some of them are really trying. The good ones eschew politics,
as we all should. looks at his feet and shakes his head

I think I've consumed enough NG space with these long discussions, but I
must react to that. The ancient Greeks knew that politics in a democracy is
the most important thing going on. It's still true. There is nothing
messier, more frustrating, or more essential. If you turn your back on it,
you've turned your back on everything that matters. Nobody said it should be
easy, clean, pure, or satisfying. It's just necessary to get into it, up to
your elbows, because there's no one else to do the job. And the job will be
done, with you or without you.

Yeah, that's why I'm still in these discussions...

As Aristotle said, "Man is by nature a political animal." Denying that
nature doesn't make one morally righteous or pure; it just makes him
irrelevant.

Hell, I thought we'd established that about me eons ago. g

On that note, it's time to move on to something else, I think. (Thanks for
the leads on the polar bears. I want to find out about that.)

De nada.

--
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without
hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.