Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Work light for drill press, lathe

On Sep 14, 5:11*pm, "Michael Koblic" wrote:
[about LED flashlight as worklight]
I am not familiar with their units of luminosity. What is it in Lumens?
I was looking to make a ring light for my digital camera to photograph small
object in the past. Would this do in your opinion?

Alas, the spectrum of a white LED is jagged, kinda like
bad fluorescent lights; you'd have to do a lot of
work to get the colors to look right if those jaggies
zig where the object being illuminated zags.

Still, it's worth a try; the downside is that the illumination isn't
generally even (the lens in the LED is not removable)
so some kind of diffuser or diffuse reflector is advisable.