Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Anybody recognise this?

In message , Robin
writes
I've made a couple of posts about trying to get a timer control into an
old Vaillant boiler/central heating system.

My previous idea of just power-cycling the boiler seems to be a no-go
given that the boiler has (I think) a run-on function. Certainly, after
switching off the water and heating controls, the boiler continues to
make a noise for several minutes.

There could be a pump over-run timer in there, although it looks a bit
primitive for such a beast

My question now is... what is this?

link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7204575@N04/2860583064/

There's no reference to it in the manual that was left with the boiler.

its prolly the control from another vaillant boiler from the dark
distant past

The two switches on the unit control the water and heating respectivly.
The dial appears to indicate water temp and the control knob sets water
temperature.

The plastic blanking plate is where a Diehl time clock would be if it
had an integral timer

There are wires from the boiler to the unit, which, from their
connections, would imply that a new thermostat could be added to
replace the pictured unit.

However, before I dismantle it all, I'd like some idea of what's
supposed to be going on. But there are no part numbers on the unit, so
I'm struggling to get any kind of clue to google on.

So, does anyone know what this unit may be called?

an ancient POS

Or even maybe have a manual?

Really - I doubt it

if you open the thing up, I'm sure you'll find that it's very basic
inside

just document it wire by wire as you pull it apart

Thanks & regards
Robin

--
geoff