Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default A meet?

In message , Tony Bryer
writes
The recent sad news about Andy reminded many of us that we have not had
a meet for a long while. I meant to suggest one earlier in the summer,
but have been too busy: I emigrate to Australia two weeks today!!! But
I hope to hang around here if you'll have me. I am keeping my SuperBeam
/ProSteel business and will be running it from Melbourne.

It's short notice, but if anyone would like to join me at Wetherspoons
Twickenham Tuesday next week (23rd)

Sorry, I'll be in pre-Indonesia panic mode, having done a lot of
thinking about packing and not actually having got around to it

.... a lot closer for a Melbourne meet though

(I might have to learn swearing and bad language first)

Melbourne is incredibly small -

Years ago, I was backpacking in Italy with a girl from Melbourne, then
we went our separate ways. While I was working in Indonesia, in between
jobs I spent a couple of months in australia and while in Melbourne, I
phoned up and discovered that she was in London.

The next day, I asked some people working on tram traffic lights which
tram to take to get somewhere

"Are you geoff? " the girl up the ladder asked

"err yes, how did you know ?"

It was the girl's sister who had answered the phone the previous
evening

--
geoff