Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
John John is offline

Default Near complete cradle

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:26:08 GMT, Mekon
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 06:20:48 GMT, Mekon
wrote:

(snip)

I can never stick to a plan either - but your result speaks for
itself, Mekon - it's a beauty. You're entitled to be very proud, both
of grandson and cradle. I don't think a pic of the wee man in it
would come amiss either when possible...

John

PS - is Mekon just a random name, or did you grow up with Dan Dare
too...? G

Sometime toward the end of next month I should be able to provide a pic
of the cradle in use. I'll spare you a pic of the change table in
operation though.

Yes I grew up with Dan Dare in the Eagle comics too. Back in the early
days of the internet I was a heavy user of IRC and my nick there
started out as Dan Dare. Well, the reference was lost on most Americans
and it attracted the attention of a lot of gay guys. So I changed to
the dark side and became Mekon.

I also collect Biggles books and have just recently sent for the last
book to make my collection complete - "Biggles Looks Back". When it
arrives I will have all 98 plus many duplicates.

Mekon

Well done - I have a couple of Eagle annuals myself. Dan Dare and his
Patrick Moore eyebrows - couldn't get enough. I could cry when I think
of all those Eagle comics my mother binned 50 years ago - I could be
rich. As for Biggles, couldn't get enough of them - I was reading
Biggles when I was 5.

I remember the SF folks promising our atomic back-pack helicopters
would be taking us to work and the shops by the year 2000. Mine
hasn't arrived yet - think I should ask for my postal order back? G

Come back Dan Dare - all is forgiven - the planet needs you -
desperately...

John