Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default Toxic dangerous stuff your grandchildren won't miss

I just use the good ol' 50/50. The stained glass shops have plenty.

"George" wrote in message

I think good quality no lead solder is easy to work with. I didn't even
realize there was a lame version until a buddy asked me to help him
replace his water heater. To save a trip back home and then back to his
place I told him to pick up some couplings, solder and flux. He bought
them at home depot. The solder was really tricky to use. It barely wet the
joint so it was hard to tell if it was a good joint and the finished joint
had a rough greyish appearance. The solder I buy from the real store wets
just as nicely as 50/50 did and the finished joint looks the same and the
solder was less expensive.