Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default How can I determine if magnetic starter (switch) on my Grizzly1023 is damaged?

dpb wrote:
JJ wrote:

On Sep 14, 9:34 pm, Dan Coby wrote:

Check your supply, verify that you have 240 volts between the two hot
wires.

Thanks for the note Dan. I will verify. Is there any plausible
reason that my supply coming off the double pole breaker would not be
180 degrees out of phase?

Only if used two single pole breakers that picked up the same side of
the buss bar or the double isn't correct for the panel and did the same.

I guess the other outlandish possibility would be that both sides of the
supply panel are being fed by one side so there's no 240V available from
the panel at all but that would really be bizarre installation...

--

I may not be all that bizarre if it's an old house with only a 120V service.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA