Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default making gas furnace more efficient trick?

On Sep 14, 8:13*am, Bubba wrote:
On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 21:05:38 -0700 (PDT), ransley

wrote:
On Sep 13, 5:36*pm, Bubba wrote:
On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 06:13:00 -0700 (PDT), ransley

wrote:
On Sep 12, 7:17*pm, Bubba wrote:
On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 16:57:56 -0700 (PDT), ransley

wrote:
On Sep 12, 6:31*pm, Bubba wrote:
On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:54:09 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Sep 12, 10:33?am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Your friend doesn't have a furnace company do the annual maintenance on his
furnace. He thinks he's competent to tell you that "no problems" after
adjusting settings?

Please take out a life insurance policy on his family, and put me as the
beneficiary.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

my ?best friend throttled his back last winter, and had no troubles.

wouldnt recommend this for a direct vent 90+ type.

his furnace would occasionally gop boom on start up, throttled back it
didnt but ran longer.

he cleaned the burners this summer they were clogged near pilot light,
no more boom explosions

well he has multiple engineering degrees, and his best friend has a
PHD in mechanical engineering

interestingly he had a service company out who just said replace
furnace. while another friend a retired HVAC instructor said clean
burners

my buddy doesnt believe a new furnace will save him money. I replaced
our furnace by spring the proof will be in equitable gas bills

Incidently my buddy who cleaned his furnace converted both his
vehicles to compressed natural gas in the 70s and they still run on it
today.

not only did he design and build the system his machine shop and
foundry produced nearly all the parts.......

he is a retired teacher.....his effective price per gallon is about 2
bucks, natural gas has nerarly doiubled in cost in the last 2 years:
(...

NEXT

Ok, Hallerb, you ding dong. Listen up before you kill someone.
You, your ideas and your nutty Engineer crap is so full of holes it
isnt funny. This is a real simple checkout if you dont believe it.