Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Default Extending Reach of Expanding Foam

On Sep 14, 9:06*pm, ransley wrote:
On Sep 14, 7:19*pm, "Buck Turgidson" wrote:

I need to fill a hard to get cavity with the expanding foam insulation (e.g.
Dow Great Stuff). *However, the spray *tips aren't nearly long enough.
They're about 8", I need 24".

I know I can buy the tanks of foam, but this is a very small job.

Anyone tried extending the tips? *I tried telescoping them *together, along
with some Gorilla glue, but it blew out immediately.

Any hardware store sells same diameter plastic hose, but same size and
longer the foam will stop, get a size that just slides over the
original hose, Heating the can in hot water helps.

i tried to extend the nozzle with different diameters of clear tubing
from homedep to get to the bottom of a 4 foot cavity, but it just
congealed in the tubing.