Alan W

Default Aligning a Vega utility 50 fence

After being in the market for a few weeks for an upgrade in table
saws, I found a Jet with a shop built cabinet base on wheels, a Vega
Utility 50" fence, the original Jet T fence, and the finger saver
accessory for $350.00 in the paper yesterday.

I've reassembled the saw (some dissasembly was required to go out a
door and to fit the shortbed pickup I brought). However I'm having a
bit of trouble getting the Utility 50 fence back into exactly parallel
to the miter slot.

I do have the owners manual which tells me to loosen the 4 allen head
bolts, align the saw pefectly on the side of one of the miter tracks,
clamp down the back end of the fence and then lock the cam down.

Using this I was able to improve upon the initial bolt on, but running
a finger nail down the fence to the miter slot hangs at the front and
slips over at the back:

Some ascii art

= -- fence at front of miter slot
| --- miter slot

=| --- fence at back of miter slot

The difference is maybe a 32nd at this point.

Any hints for the last little tweak? I will try again with a tighter
clamp down.

Thanks

Alan