Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Extending Reach of Expanding Foam

I have duct taped a soda straw to the end of the tube to extend it about 5
to 6 inches and it worked. Possibly a piece of vinyl tube (without joints)
would work, don't make the diameter too small or the foam may not make it to
the end.

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
I need to fill a hard to get cavity with the expanding foam insulation
(e.g. Dow Great Stuff). However, the spray tips aren't nearly long
enough. They're about 8", I need 24".

I know I can buy the tanks of foam, but this is a very small job.

Anyone tried extending the tips? I tried telescoping them together,
along with some Gorilla glue, but it blew out immediately.