Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry[_2_] Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Work light for drill press, lathe

I picked up one of those el-cheapo LED flashlights that has eight or
nine LEDs ($4). Tightly wound a piece of 12-ga copper wire around it
half a dozen times. The other end of the copper was attached to a
bolt on the column of the drill press. Instant work light! The
copper wire vibrates a bit, but it still works pretty well.

For the lathe I wanted more light so I bought these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/50p-1...54QQt cZphoto
Six of these wired in parallel to two D-cells wired in series makes a
nice spotlight. I used a white-epoxy-lined tin can as the holder for
the LEDs.

Best -- Terry