Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison[_2_] Phil Addison[_2_] is offline

Default Tin openers

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 10:21:02 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Tim Decker" wrote in message
Has anyone else been having problems with opening tins? We found it
really hard to open tins with a previous tin opener. So I got an old
fashioned butterfly one and this didn't work very well, so bought
another from Asda (35p) and found this didn't work. Finally went to
John Lewis and paid for an expensive one (£7) and have now found this
doesn't work properly.

This made me think that maybe the manufacture of tinned goods has
changed slightly.

I very rarely use canned foods but on the one occasion I did and there
wasn't a ring pull (which I have difficulty with) the main problem was
finding the tin opener.

When I did neither of us could remember how to use it ...

Do you have anything to contribute to the question to hand? We really
aren't interested in your memory problems.

Phil