Posted to alt.home.repair
Jud McCranie[_2_] Jud McCranie[_2_] is offline

Default heat pump and copper tubes to air handler

About a month ago we had problem with one of our heat pumps. It was
blowing hot air. They replaced the thermostat (it was calling for
emergency heat when it shouldn't), the compressor motor and a
capacitor. Now it is not working correctly again. It doesn't seem to
be blowing hot air, but it isn't cool. Sometimes the compressor is
running but the fan on it is not running. On the air handler there
are two copper tubes. Sometimes the larger one is cool (and wet),
other times it is room temperature. The smaller copper tube is hot.
Does this mean it is calling for emergency heat again? Or what could
be the problem?
--
Replace you know what by j to email