Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default need good way to store files

wrote:
On Sep 14, 10:42 am, "Bob" wrote:
I have several files, about 15 of various types from small specialty
files to large ones about 14 inches.

Really don't like to put files where they rub against each other in
a random stack and where it is hard to find the file I need.

Has anyone found a good way to store files?

Appreciate any tips. Thanks, Bob-tx

Find old 2x4 drill 15 holes in it sized to fit the tangs and then
just stick them in the holes.

That works great for small files, but the big ones tend to tip the whole
thing over unless you screw it down somewhere. For those, a couple
lengths of 2x2 with 45-degree kerfs cut in them, screwed to the wall,
work well. Like a giant version of a kitchen knife rack. And this lets
you leave the handles on the ones you use most, and pick the right one
at a glance.
--
aem sends...