Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Need to cut a circle in concrete block wall

"nick hull" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"MiamiCuse" wrote:

I have to install an outdoor shower for a rinse off to the pool. The
shower
valve has a solid brass body and I have to cut a hole about 7" in
diameter
to recess the valve into it.

How can I cut a 7" diameter for this? The trim is not much bigger so a
clean cut would be necessary. My thinking is that I draw the outline on
the
concrete wall, then drill holes (many holes) along the perimeter using a
hammer drill. Any other ideas greatly appreciated.

MC

Drill a small hole for the handle and mount the valve BEHIND the wall

That will not work in my case. I am already trying to mount it from behind.
The entire valve body is wider than 7" espacially with all the
inlet/outlets. The handle part, the part that the manufacturer suggested to
be flushed with the finished wall, the part that will be 90% covered by the
trim, is 7" in diamter. I know the cavity behind the finished wall inside
the actual block has to be bigger to accomodate the piping that are coming
off the sides, and top.