Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Putting up fence - Do I need a boundry survey?

On Sep 13, 10:31*pm, The dude wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
The dude wrote:
Probably the entire $1,000 upfront..
How much money is the actual staking actually worth?

Caesar Romano wrote:
On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 13:04:00 -0500, The dude
wrote Re Putting up fence - Do I
need a boundry survey?:

The $1000 quote that I have is from a Pro in the area...
But, he will provide a mortage survey for now, then later when his
schedule lightens up he will come out and mark the property - after
I move in.

Unless some other pro comes in better, that is probably the route I
will take.

Are you going to pay the full $1000 now or part now and the rest after
he comes out and marks the property?

Suppose his schedule never "lightens up". He's got your grand - what's
his incentive to come back?

Yeah, I know, his reputation, his good word, yada yada. If you trust him
go for it, but it could be risky.

And I pay with a credit card.... *really no risk.

You pay your surveyor with a credit card? Really? I've never hear of
that before. Besides, then for the closing to you have to disclose
that you are borrowing part of the closing costs? Doesn't seem like
it would be worth the effort.