Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Fancy wire rope ends?

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 20:50:45 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 11:49:35 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

snip

What's a creel? gd&r

That's something you don't have to worry about because it sounds like
you'll
never catch a fish. d8-)

Ed, I live right next door (OK, 350 yards and two lots away, plus 50'
of elevation, thank goodness) to a river where I could take a mask and
snorkel and physically grab salmon or steelhead as it swam by several
times a year. You could close your eyes and throw a gig and get one.
BUT, I don't fish, so...

And this is in years where the runs are very limited compared to a
couple decades ago. I still can't believe that the gov't protects
those damned seals and sea lions who are causing all the trouble.
Grrr!

But...but,,,if you lived close to the seals and sea lions, you'd be on their
side. g

I doubt 'er, Bill.

Hey, it looks like Palin did a George Bush on the polar bears, speaking of
mammals that people love and hate. She suppressed reports from her own state
scientists that says the bears are in bad shape, so she could sue the
federal government to keep them off the endangered list. They get in the way
of drilling for oil, you see...

Warning: You won't like this article. g

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us...4palin.html?hp

No, I don't. Not only because it's a political hit piece (judging by
the tone and content, I'd give 1,000,000:1 odds that the writers are
staunch Democrats), but because it brings to light more of the down
side of Sarah Palin.

A quick writer background check:
Goodman - graduate of Berkeley, decadal worker @ Washington Post.
Powell - seems to run the political blog and appears to write articles
only about Obama. (I didn't read it.)
Becker - seems to be the token conservative in this trio.

Warning: You won't like this article. g

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/11/us...11chicago.html

Regarding your concern for the animals: Ed, why don't you move to
Alaska so you can save the polar bears? (and your seals/sea lions) g

--
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without
hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.