Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Tin openers

Derek Geldard wrote:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 17:08:02 +0100, Owain
wrote:

Bruce wrote:
I have both these types, however my favourite can opener is one that
resembles the lift off type in form, but has a safety cutter that cuts
through the rim itself. It only ever takes one go to open the can,
and the top is easily lifted off leaving no sharp edges at all.
I wish I had bought two, because I cannot remember where I bought it
from and will need a replacement one day.

It sounds like one sold on QVC, usually with a German bloke guest
presenting.

It's on the website now with a video demo. At least i think he's
German (they definitely avoided mentioning the war).

House-Ware 4 Piece Complete Kitchen Opener & Pourer Set

Item Number 828233

Introductory Price £16.45

reduced from £18 .

That isn't the same opener I have - mine looks more like the "lift
off" type, but the QVC one cuts in exactly the same place, leaving a
still-rigid can with no sharp edges.

The other items are nice too, but the whole lot is quite expensive at
£20.40 including P&P. QVC is rarely cheap.