Posted to alt.home.repair

Default wire splice

You make us proud.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
rb wrote:

A few years back my son was helping a friend of a friend of a friend
(some rich lawyer guy) clean out his garage. When I went to pick him up
I noticed a 12 gauge extension cord, on a cord reel, on the pile of "junk".

I asked my son what was wrong with it and he said it was cut so the guy
was throwing it out. I told my son to put it in the back of my van.

I stopped around the corner to check it out and smiled at what I saw. I
stopped at the hardware store, picked up a socket and a plug, and less
than an hour later I had a 6' 12 gauge cord and a 19' 12 gauge cord -
and a cord reel.

I must have used the 6' cord hundreds of times since then, inside and
out, and the 19' has seen more projects than I can count. Pretty much
the best three bucks I've ever spent.