Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Need to cut a circle in concrete block wall

wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 21:13:44 -0400, "MiamiCuse"
wrote:

I have to install an outdoor shower for a rinse off to the pool. The
shower
valve has a solid brass body and I have to cut a hole about 7" in diameter
to recess the valve into it.

How can I cut a 7" diameter for this? The trim is not much bigger so a
clean cut would be necessary. My thinking is that I draw the outline on
the
concrete wall, then drill holes (many holes) along the perimeter using a
hammer drill. Any other ideas greatly appreciated.

MC

Do you have a router or a rotozip? You can rig that to a center pivot
and cut a perfect circle with a carbide bit.

I do have a rotary tool (a cheap imitation of Rotozip). I guess may be I
can use it if I can buy the gadget that makes it go around like a compass.
Will the carbide bit really be able to cut concrete I remember using it to
cut drywall and remember it being a bit flimsy.

Thanks,

MC