Posted to alt.home.repair

Default wire splice

On 9/13/2008 9:49 AM rb spake thus:

I'm running around looking for some device which will help me splice wires
together.

What is happening is I seem to cut into power extension chords on outside
jobs. I hamburger my way into cutting them occasionally, and need a way to
splice 'em together.

I'd like for it to be a way to not have too big a bulge in the line.

Right now, I use butt connectors and insulate the chords individually, then
wrap the whole connection.

Any better ways to do this?

Nope.

Just to sum up the other replies he

1. If cutting into extension "chords" (are those major, minor,
diminished or augmented chords?) is a recurring problem with you,
perhaps you might want to review your work habits, rather than figure
out how to repair extension cords.

2. Fixing extension cords is a losing proposition.

3. Especially since I see in my latest Harbor Freight catalog that
they're selling 12 gauge triple-tap extension cords (the heavy-duty
ones) for the following prices:

o 25': $19.99
o 50': 34.99
o 100': 64.99

No excuse not to just buy a new one and be careful not to cut it.

- Paulo Freire