Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default wire splice

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:03:13 -0400, "RBM" wrote:

"SteveBell" wrote in message
rb wrote:

I'm running around looking for some device which will help me splice
wires together.

What is happening is I seem to cut into power extension chords on
outside jobs. I hamburger my way into cutting them occasionally, and
need a way to splice 'em together.

I'd like for it to be a way to not have too big a bulge in the line.

Right now, I use butt connectors and insulate the chords
individually, then wrap the whole connection.

Any better ways to do this?

The correct way is to use a wirenut, properly enclosed in a junction
box. If you don't want to put in a junction box, then you have to
replace the entire wire.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

I sure don't see that kind of splice to often, or ever

wink wink