Posted to alt.home.repair
TWayne TWayne is offline

Default Putting up fence - Do I need a boundry survey?

I have been getting quotes over $2,000 for a survey.

Is this normal? Something I really need for a basic fence?

Where do you live?
What is the approximate size of your lot in feet?
Is it square, rectangular, or odd shaped?

That's pretty expensive from my experience. It cost me $384 in Chicago
a lot of years ago, standard 45' wide lot, and around $400 here about
ten years ago. "here" is upstate NY, rural area.

If you have multiple quotes in that area though, I'd say it appears to
be the going rate. What the rest of these fools are on about is
anyone's guess. Boy, they really come creeping out of the woodwork on
this group, don't they? Almost every one of them is an ignoramus too.