Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thermostat - Possible to Adjust

On Sep 12, 3:28�pm, allanc wrote:
On Sep 12, 7:19�am, " wrote:

On Sep 11, 11:02 pm, allanc wrote:

On Sep 11, 10:41 pm, "Bob M." wrote:

"allanc" wrote in message

It's a mechanical type.
I will take the cover off tomorrow in the daylight and try to get the
model number.
The unit is probably decades old.
Do you think the manual would actually have troubleshooting tips such
as when the temperature is off by 8 degrees?

Mechanical thermostat? Don't bother fixing it. Get a programmable
electronic one & save big money.

Someone once told me that in his opinion, there was a point of
negative return.
For example, in the winter, if you turn down the temperature *too* low
at night, the cost of warming the house to the daytime temperature
would exceed the savings that you obtained at night.

Comments?

WRONG!

Its always better to turn heat down, sincve the builkdings lower temp
loses heat slower.

before i was married the home lived most of its time at 50 degrees to
save gas since i was rarely home.- Hide quoted text -

Just curious....
How long did it take to heat from 50 to something comfortable?- Hide quoted text -

about 20 minutes, till it was comfy. a little longer till 70 degrees.

saved a lot of gas and $$$