Posted to alt.home.repair
The dude The dude is offline

Default Putting up fence - Do I need a boundry survey?

yes they are...

Steve Barker DLT wrote:
Best to get the free locates anyway. Are your electric, phone, WATER, and
cable all overhead?

"The dude" wrote in message
. ..
The only utility I have is natural gas, I can see where it goes (not where
the fence is.

Steve Barker DLT wrote:
Also, you'll want to make sure there's not any rules about having the
fence ON the property line, AND that there's no utility easements.
You'll also need utility locates before you start punching holes.

"The dude" wrote in message
. ..
I have been getting quotes over $2,000 for a survey.

Is this normal? Something I really need for a basic fence?