Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Taken from the MSNBC front page OH BROTHER

"skeez" wrote in message

lmao. I know what you are saying. they make it realy hard to believe
them! If you are at least 30 feet above sea level there probly isnt
much to worry about exept wind and rain. I just hope the oil rigs and
refineries come through all this in good shape. our gas here in N.C.
has gone up over 50 cents a gallon in the lest 3 days! We are over 4
bucks a gallon in some places again! It's all bull****! IF stuff gets
destroyed THEN we should see the rising prices. NOT NOW!!! anyway our
thoughts are with you folks down there and hope all goes well. KEEP UR
HEAD DOWN!!! :- ]

skeez

I think a majority of Houston is probably as high up as my home or in the
vicinity. My home is 81' above sea level.
Rising gas prices with no immediate reason is price gouging. Prices went up
a couple of cents with Gustov and so far this storm is looking like a non
event wind wise. It is now 5:30 and so far no rain or any wind to speak of
in SW Houston. The eye is acutely 90 miles across and the center is about
120 miles from Galveston. So far they are not getting any winds that are
much more than normal coastal winds although the surf is certainly up.
20 -40 mph. Buoy markers near the eye have indicated winds of less than 60
mph. I am seriously wondering if we will get any rain at all at this point.

Except for the areas that were expected to flood and the areas that flood
during a heavy rain I think we are going to end up dodging the a minor
bullet.

Thank you for the thoughts.