Posted to alt.home.repair
retired53 retired53 is offline

Default More in-ground pool pump woes

"Bob F" wrote in message
. ..

"retired53" [email protected] wrote in message

I just checked it and it's still not leaking. (About 18 hrs of operation)
It must of had something to do with the silicone. I was talking to the
guy at Crystal Clear and he said it sounds like too much silicone around
the seal. Weird.

When I replaced a seal on mine, I don't recall any instructions to use any
kind of silicone. What did you do with it, and why?

I didn't do anything with the seal. Warehouse Pool Supply put the seal in
and the guy at Crystal Clear speculated that it may have been too much.

I knoticed the web site said he uses Permatex.. Next time I'm doing it
myself. It's my first pool.