Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Putting up fence - Do I need a boundry survey?

On Sep 12, 2:51*pm, The dude wrote:
I have been getting quotes over $2,000 for a survey.

Is this normal? *Something I really need for a basic fence?

In my town I can put the fence directly on the lot line, with the
proper permit in hand.

If I knew - without question - where my lot was, I wouldn't need a
survey.

Save for knowing - without question - where my lot line was, it would
behoove me to get a survey. If i want maximum space within the fence
without encroaching on the neighboring properties, I'd better know -
without question - where my lot line was.