Posted to alt.home.repair
wrldruler wrldruler is offline

Default HVAC -- Ductless versus Central Air Upgrade ???

To answer the question about "why don't I just call my family"?

(1) I am pulling a permit to do the renovation. Family may not be able
to pull a HVAC permit.

(2) I am willing to spend a thousand or two, NOT to have to deal with
family. I would rather do business with a stranger. Then I can rip
them a new one or hire a lawyer if something goes dreadfully wrong.

(3 My Dad is an old-school duct man, and doesn't do system install &
service. He doesn't know anything about ductless minisplits, and hence
he doesn't agree with me getting one. My cousin is an install &
service man, but doesn't do duct. My cousin is an a-hole. Both live 2+
hours away.

I am just weighing all my options. Going with family may be
difficult.

Thanks