Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Taken from the MSNBC front page OH BROTHER

On Sep 12, 3:53*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"skeez" wrote in message

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:39:48 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Officials: Flee Ike or 'face certain death'

they may be wrong but they may be right! Haveing been through 2 BAD
ones and several false ones I understand where you are coming from but
given the shear size of this beast I would be erring on the safe side.
JMHO. we hope to hear from ya in a few days. good luck to our
houstonians and those from surrounding area's. I realy hope the media
is just hyping it up! :-]

skeez

The point I am trying to make is that 98% of the news coverage is more of a
holiday for the reporters to play at the beach. *They really are not being
of any help at all. *Only the announcement by city officials are of any
value. *And as I stated in another response, the local government only wants
those in certain zip codes to evacuate and for every one else to stay in
place to make room on the roads for the those that need to evacuate. *It
would be impossible for every one in the Houston Metro area to flee Ike,
that was proven with disastrous results 3 years ago with Rita.

I've wondered for years about these news types who chopper into
distressed areas to report on food, power and water shortages, whilst
contributing to same. The mix also includes the idiots who get into
genuinely dangerous storm areas and then require official help to get
out, help that might better be extended to "less important" people
like Joe and Jane Average who couldn't make it out on their own in
time for a lack of money, power, food, water.

We might be one devil of a lot better off if reporters of any stripe
went back to reporting the news, rather than trying to be part of it.
We'd certainly learn more of substance.