Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim[_19_] Jim[_19_] is offline

Default OT The Storm

"Leon" wrote in message
The excitement could not be at a higher level, if you need proof of this
turn on the TV to any local Houston station and you will get 24 hour
around the clock coverage. We saw this during Rita 3 years ago and began
to see it last week. This week is different however, we are probably
going to have strong winds for the first time in 25 years.

snip
That is just SOP for storm reporting. Anyway, I spent a lot of time
yesterday trying to determine what they know about the storm path. The
conclusion is that Fort Worth may or may not see much.
However, did you see that Childress recieved 6 inches of rain yesterday from
a Pacific storm? It certainly is a very long way from Childress, Tx, to the
Pacific Ocean.

As near as I can tell, we can expect 45 mph winds and 2 inches of rain. We
get lots more of each from spring thunderstorms.
Jim