Posted to alt.home.repair
Old and Grunpy Old and Grunpy is offline

Default Kitchen stove (oven) runs hot

I do not know what type of Owen you have and if you tell us
it would be hard to say what you need, however many years ago
as much I know they did not have switch over but the way change
was made, it was by changing mixture propane requires much more
of air mixture then natural gas. there was two types one where you
would adjust air intake and the other where the nozzle it self was
adjustable
some time one adjustment was enough and some needed both adjustment
regardless which you adjust you are looking for moderate blue flame
tony

"Lonestar" wrote in message

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I had a similar problem with my oven. I use propane and the oven was
set for natural gas. The 'switch" for this was behind the temperature
control knob. When I changed it the oven worked properly.

Thanks for the info, Mike, but mine is strictly electric. I hope someone
can guide me!!