Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Default Thermostat - Possible to Adjust

"allanc" wrote in message
We recently moved into a home with a natural gas fired furnace, air
conditioning and a 'White Rogers' thermostat.
The temperature displayed on the thermostat is off about 8 degrees
Fahrenheit.
I have some basic skills but not *really* handy.
Is there some adjustment that is necessary to the thermostat that I
would probably be able to perform?

Thanks in advance.

I have a White Rogers and there is an adjustment that allows you to
compensate for a difference between the display and the set temperature
readouts. I believe that the max adjustment is about 3 or 4 degrees. Have
you used an accurate thermometer to determine the actual temperature at the
thermostat location? New batteries?
MLD