Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Richard[_7_] Richard[_7_] is offline

Default radio in my car works fine for 10min and after that dies

Hi All,

A couple weeks ago my radio in my ford fiesta started to behave very
strangely.

After around 10-15min of driving, the radio signal became weaker and
weaker and at the end I couldn't listen to any station at all. When I
stop the car and it has a little bit of break then again I can listen
to the radio but after a short period of time is loses ability to
catch any signal again.

The interesting thing is that when I try listen to any radio in LW
(long waves) mode it doesn't have the same problem. CD player also
works fine.

I wonder what it could be. Is there any chance if I restart it somehow
it will work fine again or I just need to go to a ford service
company?

Please advice.

Many thanks,
Richard