BigWallop

Default Glueless laminate floor and glue..

"Gnube" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:59:27 +0200, Thomas Prufer
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:43:28 +0100, Gnube
wrote:

What did you make of the "pull iron" tool they seem to want you to use
in the details? looks like a bit of bent flat bar to me - never seen
one for sale anywhere so far though! Still wondering what the best
equivalent might be for that. I'll maybe try and make something.

I know those -- bent flat bar, hook behind the last bit of flooring,
step to hammer against and pull the flooring together.

The better ones have a little block of metal welded to them to hammer
against. Just a Z-shaped piece of bar will be pounded out of shape
eventually.

Very useful if the last bit is under a radiator or otherwise
inaccessible, otherwise, any lever wedged between wall and flooring
will also work.

Thanks for that, I now have a plan!

Take Care,
Gnube

The only thing with levering, rather than straight pulling, is it has the
tendency to lift or lower the edge being levered and put an angle one the
joint your trying to put it in to.

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com