RM MS

Default how to tell if bit is sharp enough?

Dirty Bob Sez:

"An additional bit of advice: Wrap all anti Craftsman tool comments in
toilet paper and flush them down the toilet where they belong. They are
almost always made by tool snobs who are trying to be in the "in crowd"
of smart asses who think that only politically correct brands can be
used to do anything worthwhile."

I like Dirty Bob. He's honest, he's innocent, and he's humble. But most
of all, he agrees with me.

Furthermore; it's a poor mechanic who blames his tools.

I am on large WWII vintage equipment at least 50 hrs. a week, and I mean
this stuff is GOOD. But at home, I use moderate products and only buy a
tool when I NEED ONE. This is less often than you might think, if you
use your head before you whip out the credit card.

For instance, you can get away without a bandsaw for many jobs if you
have an inexpensive sabre saw with a decent blade.Not every time, of
course, but it will do for a lot of stuff. And so on.