Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default September 11

Red Green wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:gabi4o
:

Where were you, when the planes hit the WTC?

I was at work. Got a call from my Main Squeeze about it. No TV at work.
Brought up an RS6K server as admin for sole use on a T1 line so I could
watch CNN. That was 7 yrs ago. I guess today the avg hack can do the
equivalent or better at home.

Saw it at work in the conference room on the training tv/vcr, using an
RV antenna I had stuck on a window of the local federal building several
weeks before. Kept working until they sent us all home around noon.
(They fancied themselves a high-value target.) Got into work e-mail
server from home (this was before the e-mail lockdown era) and answered
mail all afternoon, explaining that we were in evac status, while
watching network news for next 12 hours and trying to get a dial tone
and LD trunk to call family in other cities. All in all, not a day I
care to repeat, ever.

--
aem sends...