Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Copper pipe epoxy relining opinions - does anyone have actualexperience?

On Sep 11, 9:43*pm, Gershon wrote:
On Sep 11, 7:24*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:

Most thinking customers don't do stuff like that. Sounds like you are
trying to justify your intention.

My only intention is to end up with a better system at the minimum
cost and hassle.The system was originally galvanized metal, previous
owners redid everything in copper about 25 years ago. *One 15-foot
pipe in the attic is giving me headaches, pinhole leaks every year or
two. For ~$100 I can replace it myself with type K copper [I now, may
be overkill but I don't want to worry about it for many years]. Thing
is, I'm convinced there may be other weak spots = surprises I'd rather
avoid. So now we're talking about a 9K-10K job [I have a big house].
My options include epoxy relining [least mess, no opening any wall,
etc], redo the entire thing with copper, redo it with PEX, maybe
others. Copper & PEX means ripping walls open, big mess, longer time
with no water, etc etc.
Which is why I'm trying to get objective (= first hand) opinions.

Regards
GS

Metal pipe looses heat, cpvc and a foam wrap is 14x more insulating
than copper. Plastics will save energy.