Posted to alt.home.repair
Gershon Gershon is offline

Default Copper pipe epoxy relining opinions - does anyone have actualexperience?

Guys, I really appreciate your insight and advice extolling the
virtues of PEX. It is a logical option IF I wanted to redo the entire
water system. I'm not at that point yet. I believe yanking out all
existing copper pipes and replacing with PEX involves opening walls
and a fairly big mess [true? false?]. Just trying to get the facts
straight.
Before I trash the epoxy relining idea, I'd really like to hear from
people who had it done and are now living with it. Always worth
listening to both sides. Maybe that one Ace Duraflo job was done by an
incompetent crew, leading to the unusable system. Maybe they did it
right and that's the best this process can deliver. I don't know.
Which is why I'm asking for some reliable, i.e. first hand,
information. Hope someone can share their own experience.

Regards
GS