Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default September 11

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:06:48 -0400, "cshenk" wrote:

"Oren" wrote
"cshenk" wrote:

Where were you, when the planes hit the WTC?

On watch in Radio, USS Fort McHenry, Sasebo Japan. Base went to immediate
wartime alert with full recall. Japanese ships as well with us (combined
base).

First. Thank You for your service!!

Welcome! I'm at the last bit before retirement. 26 years come May 2009.
USN Senior Chief (E8 for other branches)

All building entrances on Nellis AFB, NV was posted with DEFCON 1 (?)
posters. I kept one to remind of this day, seven years ago.

We locked down *hard* overseas. It was 3 years (yes YEARS) later when
Sasebo allowed taxis onbase at all. That with drivers who had security
clearances. Heck, I'm still in cycle for my weapons quals (good for a year)
for M50, 25MM, and 9MM.

All our feelings back then were (excuse my french), 'come **** with ME
asshole! I am armed, loaded, and WILL take you OUT'.

It's also got a more polite name. 'Hard Target'. The guy on sleep at the
post is who a terrorist will hit. We learned to have more guards, more
training, and just did not put up with any shennanigans at all.

Yes, I was on watch that day. The Navy wording is 'I stood the watch'.
Soon I will turn this over to my younger mates.

I don't speak French, but you can send those swabbies over to the
Army!

Army Infantry "green maggots" gets it done. (GRIN)