Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default September 11

"the_tool_man" wrote

I remember the anger and fear that I experienced for days after the
attack. I also remember the good feelings that came with seeing all
the "God bless America" signs along the interstates all the way home.
It was an uneasy mixture of emotions, but I remember feeling confident
that we would bring justice to those who committed this terrible act.
It is a shame that so many have forgotten what those days felt like.

I was overseas. I remember my apartment manger coming to the door of every
American renting there, in full ceremonial gear to express his sorrow. It
was the day they let us back in port (we were all pulled in shipboard and
sent out for a week or so to sit in the harbor, ready to deploy imediately).

I was in tears, having finally gotten the list of the dead at the pentagon.
I knew several of them quite well. Workmates.

We thanked the manager most well, and he had not realized some of us were
just getting word of our dead friends that day.