Posted to alt.home.repair
Lee Lee is offline

Default Programmable thermostat recommendation ?

The Honeywell we have can be programmed by the day. We have it set
essentially the way you do, but I work at home on Fridays, so our Friday,
Saturday, and Sunday are programmed alike. We're generally home on the
weekend, but if not, the override to a manual setting works a treat.

With my current thermostat, I just leave it cool in the winter and tepid
in the summer. I occasionally change it manually, but am always worried
I'll forget to reset it, so mostly leave it alone. I'm the kind that
also uses countdown timers on heaters and fans, so that's why I'm
interested in this.

Thanks everyone for their input; I have a much better idea of what to
look for now. Fortunately we're getting into the season here where I
won't need heat or AC for a little while, so I have time to shop around.