Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default On topic -- Schick vs. Gillette blades

On 2008-09-09, Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

[ ... ]

My worst time, ever, was while in the National Guard, at camp. I was
required to shave daily, as you might imagine. By the end of two weeks
worth of shaving, my face was a mess.

IIRC, some twenty or thirty years ago, the Army started making
exceptions for those with this problem.

Not while I was in. During Basic training in the '70s I had to shave
five times a day to satisfy one of the DIs. I would still have fresh
blood on my face, and the ignorant ******* would claim that I hadn't
shaved. I have plenty of scars on my face from those days.

The problem was more common among the blacks who were enlisting
when I was at Ft. Belvoir as a civilian employee in an R&D lab. I
think that since it was so common, it could be considered racially based
harassment, so they had to start making exceptions.

They were using that stinking powdered depilatory cream, and didn't
clean it, or the hairs out of the sinks. The guys with Latrine duty had
to scrape it off the fixtures and spend an hour each day cleaning up the
mess. This was during the time there was a lot of racial unrest in the
military, and some were doing their best to start trouble so they could
claim racism.

He was fresh out of DI school, and didn't have a hair on his face.

Of course he didn't. :-)

He was baby faced, and he resented anyone with facial hair. His skin
looked like a teenage girl. His arms were almost hairless, as well.

Not sure whether the exceptions came after basic training was
over, or whether they applied even during basic.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.