Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Soap & water cleanup with oil based paint.

This is a new one for me. I've prepped my deck & I'm using Wolman
Finish & Preservative to reseal it. The can says it's oil based. The
warning says it contains mineral spirits. The cleanup instructions
says wet brushes may be cleaned with soap & water or mineral spirits.
Tacky or dry spills must be cleaned with mineral spirits. The product
is clear & not milky. I dipped a just used brush in plain water &
everything gummed up. I added a squirt of liquid soap to the pail,
swished it a few times, the gummed up particles disolved and the brush
was almost clean! Easiest cleanup I've ever seen.
All my life I've been told water & oil are incompatable. Is this
something new? If so, I darn sure like it.

Red