Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default free lumber

Tater wrote:
I've been scanning the freecycle and carigslist free areas and
have found a lot of "free, must be moved" buildings. aside from a lot
of labor is there a downside to recycling these building materials?

You mean other than the liability for whatever is there that has to be
cleaned up, etc.?

I'd be very wary of anything very old owing to asbestos police, etc.

I've seen some that have site remediation clauses as well, not simply
move a building and there are generally time constraints and other
conditions as well.

In a metro area I don't think I'd touch one as an individual.