Posted to alt.home.repair
The Wheel Man The Wheel Man is offline

Default Kitchen stove (oven) runs hot

"Lonestar" wrote in message
OK, I'm not smart on home repair........ My oven in the kitchen stove
runs
around 200 degrees hotter than the knob setting. Would the most likely
culprit be the oven sensor -- the 2-3 foot wire thermocouple? in the
oven --
or could it be something else more likely? If so, is this easy to
replace,
to find in a Home Depot, etc? Please help. Thanks.

If it's consistent and always reads 200 higher than the setting at all
temps, just under-set your dialed cooking temp by 200-- or paint a little
mark a half inch to the left of the one the oven maker put on there....